Well, it's official! I am back in the working world. I have known for over a week but with all the lung stuff going on I didn't feel like putting my VERY exciting news in the middle of it. I got a job! I will be working days(thank heaven!) as a CNA in the Telemetry Unit @ Banner Baywood! I am soooooo excited to be working for/in a hospital. I was starting to worry because I kept hearing "I'm sorry we require one years experience"... here is my question for that- how do you get experience unless someone hires you?!!! Well, enough bitterness about that, cause I got one! I have to gloat for one minute... they called me back 2 hours after my interview to offer me the job, after telling us(group interview) they'd get back to us by the end of the week! I knew I rocked my interview! I start in two weeks after my orientation. I won't know the exact logistics of the job until I start, but the floor I'm on is caring for post-op heart patients. The Banner Heart center is on my campus, so that will be cool. My dream nursing position is to be in labor & delivery doing couplet care, and working in the nursery. That is what got me into nursing, the babies- and of course the St. Jude commercials that totally tug on my heartstrings! It's really easy to move around in Banner once you get your foot in the door, so hopefully by next year I can transfer over to Banner Desert in the children's hospital. So there ya go... officially employed as a nursy!
3 comments:
Congradulations!! That is really exiciting for you! The days will be long but it will totally be worth it. BTW I really like your blog page.
That is awesome! Good Luck!
Love your new page!!!
Post a Comment