Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Longing for the Sea...

I have decided that I am EXTREMELY overdue for a vacation. I am the biggest lover of vacations out there (no really- you have no idea) and I have not been since the 1st week of August of LAST YEAR!!!!!!!! If you know me, you know this is an impossibly long wait for me to be bottled up without at least a mini adventure-and I haven’t even had that! I have never wanted to go on vacation so bad in my life! However- due to school, work, having no vacation days, weather, the price of plane tickets, and my lack of a passport… I have been suffering along for over a year.

I am craving the beauty of the sunset from the deck of a cruise ship, or the exquisite candlelight dinner at some exotic restaurant Jared & I have found, or the joy of shopping in some amazing village and finding the perfect souvenirs, or the warm breeze blowing across my face as I stand on a sandy shore and look out into a tranquil aqua heaven.

I feel as though I will die if I don’t see it soon. I haven’t been on a cruise in almost two years now, and that is what I want to do. Here are some reminders of my last trip to paradise…

Sunset as we sailed away into a week of pure bliss...
A shot of St. Thomas as we boat out to our snorkeling spot...
From the boat at the hidden AMAZING snorkel sight...
Drinking "pain killers"on our sunset catamaran adventure...
Sandy toes while we relax in paradise...

To my beautiful Caribbean,

   May we meet again as soon as possible! Take care of the beaches for me, as they will be my sanctuary where I can once again forget the cares of my world. Take care of my starfish, and let Mr. Sea Turtle know we will swim together once more. I’ll be seeing you bye and bye…

                                   You’re faithfully addicted visitor,

                                                                        xx  Meg 

4 comments:

laurice. said...

What a great vacation! Hope you can go again soon.

dan and ashley said...

you are hilarious! that sounds absolutely fabulous to me as well

Alissa Mott said...

I totally feel ya! I would LOVE a a vacation, I feel like all I do is work work work!.. and where does the time go? Its almost october! JEEZ!!

stephanie said...

oh i HOPE that scott and i will get to do that one of these days..it looks like so much fun!!