Thursday, November 26, 2009

Just a few...


On this Thanksgiving day, as I sit here at 2AM
on my downtime at work- I would like to share
just a few things I am thankful for today. They are:
I HAVE a job, and even though I'd rather not
be here right now, I do have a job... My most incredible
husband Jared- who is unfailingly loving, loyal, patient,
supportive, and makes me feel like I have a place in this world...
My beautiful nephew, and his kissable cheeks... A brother
who is standing for what he believes in, and finding himself
in the process... A family that is in good health... Two furry
muts that would give their left paw for some Turkey today...
Parents who love me for me, no matter what I do, or the
choices I make... Friends who I could call on at ANY time,
for ANYthing... Vehicles I own free & clear, and are dependable...
A home that may throw me for a loop sometimes, but within
it's walls I find sanctuary... Chocolate- GOD BLESS the
genious who discovered chocolate... Great minds of the past,
whose words have the ability to enrich & enlighten my life-
through a book, poem, or song... Gossip magazines, I get a kick
out of seeing such idiocy, and loving how normal my life is...
Vacation, without it I would truly go insane... Lotion, I
could not live a day without it... My cell phone- somehow
I lived 16 years of life without one, and now have become
so dependent of it, I don't know how I ever lived without one...
Selfless people, like the couple who adopted a beautiful
baby at my work, and took him heart condition & all, after
another family didn't want to deal with his "issues"... My
co-workers, most of whom are constant examples of strength,
wisdom, and compassion... Blogging Queen's- I love to
blog surf, and come upon your silly posts that inspire me
to be a better blogger... My siblings, there is never a dull
moment... My In-laws, who have accepted & loved me
since the 1st time I walked through their door as a shy
17 year old hopelessly in love with their son... Twizzlers...
My parents (all 4 of them) who are amazing examples
to Jared & I of what wonderful lasting marriages can
really be like... Lastly today I am thankful for life, I see
instances where we forget how truly fragile life is- it's
a gift, to be cherished on a daily basis. I am so thankful
for my wonderful, busy, chaotic, blissful, merry-go-round,
topsy-turvy, exciting, hakuna ma-ta-ta, filled with love LIFE!
Happy Thanksgiving, and may you all be blessed
with many wonderful things that enhance your life and
give you reason to reflect and be thankful on this day.

3 comments:

laurice. said...

That's so sweet...Ok it breaks my heart that someone would turn a baby away because of a heart condition.

Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving Meg and Jared. Hope you guys have a wonderful day. We do have so many things to be thankful for.. One of my many is YOU! Thank you for being YOU!! Love Ya..

amy said...

love you, megan! thanks for reminding me of some of those things...you are more than awesome. :) love and hugs, wish i could see you more!