Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Nesting" Baby Shower...

This last weekend I was very thankful
to be able to help throw a baby shower
for one of my BFF's Chelsee (Worsley) Hunt.
Before I post anymore pictures I have to
tell you why this girl, and this baby are so
special to me... Chelsee and I have been
friends since high school, and she is
one of those people who is every bit as
genuine and kind, as she is beautiful.
We can go for what seems the longest
periods of time without talking (though
we both hate when life is that busy) but
the second we connect again it's as though
no time passed at all. We can call on each
other for anything, and have proven time
and time again that if we need our girls,
we are there at the drop of a hat!
With having such an amazing friend, it
has been hard to watch Chelsee as she's
battled a painful 5 years of infertility.
With many prayers, lots of hope, and
unwavering faith- it finally happened!
You can't bottle joy, like that of the night
we girls gathered at Pita Jungle & received
the good news..."...I'm Pregnant!!!!!!"

Chelsee, I've seen this journey coming full
circle for you & I can't quite put into words
the joy in my heart as I watch you- someone
with such divine maternal instinct, finally
becoming what you are so meant to be.
I love you so much, and I am beyond
ecstatic for you and Ben! Baby Braydon
will be one of the luckiest, and most loved
little boys the world over. Congratulations!
♥ Auntie Meg

Now for pictures! ☺
The shower was held at the amazing Worsley
residence. It was a VERY quick trip for me,
but there wasn't any place I'd rather be! We
had a good old fashion slumber party, which
we are NEVER too old for, and then the days
festivities began. The theme was nesting, and
it was a beautiful day!

We made cinnamon rolls for "bun in the oven"
take home favors...
We used nests & apothecary jars as
decor pieces...
We served salads, and every kind of fresh
fruit you can think of...
We had a "fancy cheese" table- oh Brie,
it was delicious!...
Not all of the desserts were out yet,
but the table was beautiful with Christy's
amazing silver punch bowls...
I made some cards and put together a little
table for "new mommy advice"...
(Chelsee w/Braydon, Katie w/baby, Kristen, Meg)
Our favorite friendships!!! We missed
Shanda & Shelby dearly. Love you girls!
It was an amazing day ☺

3 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

Awww! Her baby shower looked like SO much fun!! You are such a good friend Meg!! Chelsee is so adorable and I am so happy for her!! I can't wait to see pictures of her baby boy! :)

Ben and Chelsee said...

Love you Meg, it wouldn't have been the same with out you. Thank you again for all you support, love you so much! -Chelsee

Brittney said...

Meg u look absolutely beautiful in these pics!!! The shower looked awesome of course!!:) love u girl!!!