Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm a CNA!

So... it's official! I am a CNA now! I just finished up with clinicals on Friday, and I was glad to have that part over with! Clinicals were @ a retirement/nursing home facility in Mesa- and for anyone who knows me... that's not the part of the nursing field I'm pursuing. :) So it was interesting to see myself let instinct and rules take over when things weren't so pleasant, but I made it through. I graduated with a 3.9GPA (a personal best for me- plus it was graded on an EXTREME curve so I was floored to find out I did so well! Top of my class!) and also perfect attendance- which I'm told really scores points on my resume. So now I just have to wait to get my boards testing date. I will be applying and doing interviews now so i'll let ya know what I get! I have a few hook-ups so hopefully it wont take long. I'm REALLY hoping for Banner Desert Hospital because they are in the process of building a 6 story children's hospital(to become the next PHX Children's) on their campus- and that's where I want to be! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meg!!!

Brittney said...

Yay that is awesome that you are finally done with that part!!! Good job on the GPA!!! Definately keep me updated when you find a job and all that fun stuff! Sorry I havent called you in a while. I have been really busy for once in my life:) But I am so glad you are doing so good. Hope to talk to you soon.

laurice. said...

Congrats! That is awesome! Can't wait to see you...When I figure out what are plans are I will let you know.

Stock Family said...

Congrats! You ended up with an awesome GPA! Way to go! Good luck and keep us updated on where you end up.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Hi Hun, I sent you an email , but I want everyone else to know that WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU TOO!!!CONGRATS!!!
love ya tons, Mom