Friday, September 10, 2010

My "lil" bro...

This is my younger brother Greg or "Bubba"
as we call him...Or, Elder Montgomery
as he is known right now. I say younger because I
am a total shorty and he's been bigger than me since
he was like 12 so I can't say little brother...
Today he turns 20, which I have to admit makes
me feel RIDICULOUSLY OLD! But, I'm not going
to focus on that- instead I'll tease HIM that HE'S no
longer in HIS "teens" & how old HE'S getting! ;)

Today is his birthday, and while I wish I was
home to get a big bear hug from him, I couldn't
if I wanted to. He is on a mission for the LDS
church. He is in Idaho for just over one more
year- he's already been gone for a year this 09/16.
It's really weird to have him gone, and even though
time seems to fly by, I feel the distance and I feel
how long it's been since I got to hug him. There is no
better "hugger" in the world than this guy. I miss him!
BUT, I know that he is doing something he believes in
wholeheartedly and I am glad he is so happy, and being
treated well by the people who are around him up there.

Greg- I hope someone makes you a cake, and gives you
a great big hug today. You are the best & I hope that
you can feel as special and loved up there today
as you would if you were home with us!
I love you Bubba! I hope you have an amazing birthday!
xoxo- Meggie

(Bub & I the night before his mish 09/15/09)

1 comment:

Court said...

Hey Meg, Do you know what city he is in right now? My parents are in Ammon/Idaho Falls and I am in Shelley. If he is close we can drop him off a little cake or some Juber peanut butter fudge for a little b-day surprise.
It is hard to believe he has been out for a year already. But, I'm sure it seems like an eternity for your fam.