It has been fun since moving to San Diego to
explore the city and all of the great things it offers.
I recently visited Balboa Park. I was mistaken to
think when we moved there that is was "just a park".
Au-contraire! It is an amazing place with the most
beautifully constructed buildings, and a plethora
of unique museums, and gardens I could spend
all day long just wandering. It is a truly unique
place that I am SO glad to have found.
My most recent trip was spent in the San Diego
Art Museum. Which features art from local artists
but also traveling pieces on loan from the great
galleries and museums of the world.
There is something about art... It is second in my
heart to music. They both speak to my soul.
There is something about staring at a canvas
that a great artist painted hundreds of years ago,
observing to brush strokes, the lines, the
technique. I find myself imagining where
they were when they painted it... Why did
they pick that image, or place... How many
hours did it take to complete... Were they
happy with the finished product...
I have a deep love for it so when I get
to see the great works of my favorite
artists, the great masters- it brings me joy.
I got to see these originals:
Matisse "The Bouquet"
Toulouse-Lautrec "The Millner Rene Vert"
Fatin-Latour "Peonies, Roses, and Carnations"
Dali "Spector of the evening"
Warhol "Self Portrait"
Monet "The River Eure"
I already fulfilled one of my lifetime wishes
when I saw Monet's Water Lilies original at
the J.P. Getty Museum in high school. One
day I'll get to the Louvre in Paris! Until then
I'm glad to have found a local place where I
can get a steady glimpse of the great works
I admire so very much!








No comments:
Post a Comment