Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We all grow up...

My little brothers...
(Colin & Greg)

We all grow up... Maybe not always acting as adults,
but adulthood happens just the same. The older I get
the more unwilling to accept this fact I become. I still
feel like I'm little. I also still feel like the big sister who
went to get Colin out of his crib every morning. Opening
his bedroom door seeing his little "fuzzy" head, and 
he's reaching out to me... Literally like it was yesterday.

(Colin blowing out his candles on his 17th B-day)

I don't know how old I'll have to get until I actually FEEL
like and adult (hopefully never!). BUT, this week I'm feeling
it a little more than usual. You see, Colin is going away to 
his first semester at college... in Utah. He chose to go to
BYU and it's a little crazy for me. I can't believe my baby
brother is going off to college. AND, we are extremely close
so I'm having a hard time with it. I knew when he graduated it
would only be a matter of time. But it's not any easier!

(Colin's last varsity football game)

He'll have a semester there and then come home
to prepare for his mission, where he'll leave for two
years! I'm not ready to face that yet!

(Me & Col June 2010- he's not so little anymore)

So while we face that separation, we are welcome a reunion.
Greg will be returning home from his mission on Sept. 22!


He's been gone for two whole years, and though we missed
him terribly... Looking back it went by in a flash!
I'm really hoping the same will happen with Colin. I'm sure
ready to have all of my family back together. I'm ready for 
times like these again...
(Greg & Colin comparing... bellies, lol)

 I'm in the middle of college, Colin's going away to
 college, Greg's coming home to start the rest of his life, 
Chelsea is married & prego with #3! Time keeps passing
and we just... keep growing up. 

(Us as kiddos 1995)

 We all grow up, whether we want to or not. I am sure 
going to miss everyone as along as we aren't all together.
 I guess that's how life goes. 
So for now, I'll just enjoy the time I have...

I'm off to go help Colin pack, and paint his room... 
(Here's to hoping I can hold the tears back!)